The Transition model is a compilation of tools and strategies for enabling communities to localize resources and increase resilience, starting from the ground up. It asks how communities might respond to the new resource, climate, and economic “normals” of our time and envision a healthy alternative today and tomorrow. Transition Goshen is a space within which individuals and groups can converge to utilize this model and collaborate towards common goals.
- Transition Goshen Cafe - We’re starting a new facebook group to complement the main page… join Transition Goshen Cafe at www.facebook.com/groups/TransitionGoshenCafe/. The group is a space for you to connect with others around ideas related to Transition, permaculture, and community resilience. If you have ideas about … Continue reading
- Mapping the Sharing Economy in Goshen - Putting grassroots sharing projects, cooperatives, community resources, and the commons all on one map Continue reading
- Goshen’s Climate March - Lately many residents in Goshen have been starting conversations about climate change. The topic, as grand as it is, tends to be one that we don’t enjoy thinking about or talking about for a variety of reasons. For some, the … Continue reading
- Community crowdfunding? - Last fall we tried to help promote the potential of crowdfunding as a tool for bringing inspired ideas to life. The Low Hanging Fruit Press project brought a cider press to Goshen to help us deal with an abundance of … Continue reading
- Community Garden Network - In March, a group of local advocates organized a Gardening Open Space to explore opportunities to “network and collaborate among Goshen’s individual and community gardens through common resources and support”. Ideas ranged from “work for food” opportunities and gleaning programs, … Continue reading