The Transition model is a compilation of tools and strategies for enabling communities to localize resources and increase resilience, starting from the ground up. It asks how communities might respond to the new resource, climate, and economic “normals” of our time and envision a healthy alternative today and tomorrow. Transition Goshen is a space within which individuals and groups can converge to utilize this model and collaborate towards common goals.
- Book discussion and theological lounging - A book discussion group is forming around a book about energy and faith called No Oil in the Lamp. The idea is simply to get some people together to learn about and discuss some of the issues mentioned in the book. It will likely be … Continue reading
- Exploring Gardening in our Neighborhood - Want to start gardening (whether you currently have space or not) or willing to share your gardening skills with others? Continue reading
- In Transition 2.0 - In Transition 2.0 is the latest full length film about the Transition movement. It’s an amazing story about how Transition groups around the world are responding to the challenges of depleting and costly energy resources, financial instability and environmental change. … Continue reading
- Transition Goshen 0.2 - 2013 wound down with some big events for Transition Goshen. A great trip to Milwaukee and strong participation in Share the Bounty Week have inspired... Continue reading
- Climate After Growth - What should Goshen be "transitioning" towards? This white paper by Post Carbon Institute's Asher Miller and Transition Movement Founder Rob Hopkins lays... Continue reading